Risk Management – Workplace Safety
Risk Management and Safety Training are essential to any risk management strategy. After all, the best accident is the one that never happens. To help our members contain costs, we emphasize hazard recognition and analysis, followed by implementation of self-inspection programs. As part of our approach to integrated accident management, we focus on pre-loss and post-loss management techniques.
If a serious accident does occur, our risk managers work to identify the root cause or the contributing factors, recommend corrective measures, and monitor the effectiveness of these measures, once implemented. When our claims team identify an accident trend, they quickly alert our safety consultants who can then recommend appropriate actions to prevent future occurrences. As part of the risk management team, our safety personnel often work directly with our claims team to facilitate communication with the member and make sure that loss reports are timely and complete.
Our risk managers have creative freedom to adapt our services to meet member needs. These may include such varied items as:
* Developing a back, knee or wrist program
* Establishing a safety awards program
* Developing a work-site safety program
* Assisting with Safety Committee formation and implementation
* Implementing CDL, alcohol and drug testing
* Initiating pre-placement physical programs
* Creating fleet safety and driver training programs
We are experts in working with the most sophisticated programs to help make them even better, as well as working with clients to develop safety programs where none previously existed. We also offer specialized services:
* Exposure and accident analysis
* Industrial hygiene programs
* Property surveys, inspections and appraisals
* Assistance with regulatory compliance issues